"... the impact is tremendous."
- Robert Johnson, Tyler, TX.
"I cannot deny the effectiveness..."
- Jason Brumbalow, Temple, TX
WHAT IS THIS DECK?
It's a blue backed deck of different, specialized playing cards that are meant to be used WITH a normal blue Bicycle deck. No one expects cards like these and it allows you to create literal miracles in front of people.
Re-engineered from the box-in, these are the card worker's Swiss army knife of impossible effects. And now, for the first time available in a deceptively innocent, standard blue Bicycle design.
These are the tools of the creative card worker. If you could use a card that is: shot, aged, flipped, zipped, fallen, faded, ripped and stuck, box printed, blank, creepy, blacked out, swirled, thumb printed, smudged, inked wrong, mis-made, tagged, transferred, erased, added to, too high, shifted, shattered, fractioned, blurred, skeletal, or predictive, this is the deck for you. Shift reality.
Blue Bicycle® Gaff Deck - Review
"My God. I just went through the new Blue Bike Gaff Deck, and I am almost in tears. I hate to sound that way, but the impact is tremendous.
I fanned through them and the possibilities absolutely leaped off of the cards and into my soul. You will, without a doubt, not believe your eyes when you see some of the stuff. I promise you, this is not a tease on my part (the little boy who cried wolf!), this is such a post written with awe... incredible!
I am not saying to wait for this deck to come out before you attempt your routines, I am simply saying that if you are a gaff person, or if this experience has turned you into one... man!
These will not be available to you all for a couple of weeks, but it is something I would put on my list of things well worth waiting for."
- RJohnson, Tyler TX.
Blue Bicycle® Gaff Deck - Review
"I've had the honor of being on the Ellusionist design team of the Blue Gaff project. What a ball it has been designing this deck with everyone. The creativity of this group is staggering.
Down to brass tacks. Just got my deck of the blue Gaff cards in the mail.
I now know why everyone has been raving about the new gaff cards. They truly jump out at you. The aged card printed better than I could have hoped. It certainly has a "creative juices catalyst" quality to it. I could see toting whole deck of these in a deck switching routine....
I won't try to re-hash any of the tormenting details posted before, but I will offer my personal favorites (not trying to plug E products on every comment, but I can't deny the effectiveness of the combination of effects).
1) The 10-D card with the diamonds that fall to the bottom: Try a Parth's Axis change (download available on E) with this card, it's droolingly effective.
2) I can't wait to use the burned King of Clubs with Third Degree Burn. Better yet, force a KC, have them hold the entire deck in one hand with the burned KC gaff card on bottom against their palm, turn their hand over, then give them the Electric touch on the back of their hand and BURN the prediction through their hand onto the card. I could go on all day about the possibilities on this one.
3) Eight of Hearts hidden in the scroll work. I love this card because it can stay in a spectators hand for a month and they'd never notice it. Now all you do is reach over and wipe the prediction onto their card while they're holding it.
4) Thumbprint card. Simple. Effective, but lets add some Scorpion blacklight effects with this, or the Electric Touch and/or UltraSmoke and you BURN your print onto the card. Great for Mentalists.
5) Last but not least Bullet Hole Card. (Did this to my coworkers this morning. I thought it' be hokey, but after seeing them stare at me in a catatonic trance, I just had to write it) Give the spectator a "Magic Invisible bullet" have them load it into their invisible gun. You hold the card out in front of your face.
On the count of 3, they fire, "POW" ...SNAP CHANGE, you throw your head back, a puff of UltraSmoke, you stagger and recover to show the round of a .38 slug caught between the teeth and a bullet hole in your card. (I should note the seriousness of disassembling a centerfire bullet. DON'T DO IT. The dangers aren't even funny to talk about. I just happened to have some spares from my firing range days). Nonetheless, I thought it'd be silly. I was dead wrong. I felt like Chung Ling Soo.
I'm sure I've tortured you enough. I will end up buying another deck or two on release, because this one is already getting worn out fast. You're gonna love it."
Lead Designer, Red Gaff Deck