OUTLAW- would love review

Any official product reviews that one of our staff write up will be posted here.

OUTLAW- would love review

Postby vanishintonight » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:53 pm

Hi!.....I would love a review of this effect....also, level of skill needed (I can't even do a double lift).....Michael
vanishintonight

Re: OUTLAW- would love review

Postby Jeff_Mash » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:33 pm

Michael - You probably should work on that double lift, my friend! At the very least, it will open up your card handling skills to a wide range of effects. In my opinion, a simple double lift is one of the most deceiving sleights in magic. Just ask any of my two daughters who still have no idea how that card I just showed them magically changed into a different one after it's placed in their hands!

Anyway, I haven't watched the Outlaw DVD yet since it's arriving in a couple of days, but I know how the effect is performed. For me, I say it's EASY. You have to remember the orientation of the cards and "what goes where", but in my opinion, any beginner who works on this should pick it up with no issues. After all, you're only using a maximum of four cards.

And for the record, if using only three cards, you never have to do a double lift. Simply do a block pushover and it accomplishes the same thing.
Jeff_Mash
Site Admin

Postby vanishintonight » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:08 pm

.......I'm practicing on it.......using the "push off double lift".......
vanishintonight

Postby Lance Perriera » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:09 pm

Oh yes. Jeff you are 100% right. The DL is one of the best moves in card magic. Michael, I use the push off double lift and it works crazy cool. One of my best effects to do is the A.B.C.R. people just love it.
Want to see a trick.
Lance Perriera

Postby vanishintonight » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:24 pm

Just wanted everyone to know that I've finally learned how to do the "Push-Off Double Lift"- now, ready to start learning
"Autograph"- an incredible card routine that goes way beyond the standard Anniversary Waltz :) , you should check it out at MJM Magic!........Michael :)
vanishintonight

Return to Official Staff Reviews