MJM Magic launches new Message Boards

This is where we will post updates, promotions, and news related to MJM Magic.

MJM Magic launches new Message Boards

Postby Jeff_Mash » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:06 pm

I have a love/hate relationship when it comes to message boards! They can be incredibly helpful, or incredibly useless. When we first launched MJM Magic was back in 2004, we had a message board which was actually pretty popular. Hundreds of customers would use it daily, and it was very active.

Then, I can't remember what happened, but it got out of control. I think it was hacked by spammers or something, and it all went to hell. So we took it down and never had another forum for about 8 years or so. Last year, in 2011, we launched another message board. That also quickly got taken over by spammers, mostly automated bots that would create useless posts for Rx prescription medicine, etc.

So I took that board down as well. However, I always LIKED the idea of having a message board. Even if only a few people use it, the idea of having it there as a resource has always appealed to me. So now in 2012, I decided to launch it for a third time. This time, I hope to stay on top of software updates, and utilize as many tools as we can to eliminate spam bots from taking over.

We have a couple of great moderators, and I myself will try to administer things as time permits (remember, I also manage the MJM Magic store, so I'm usually pretty busy with packaging orders and bringing in new products for the website).

That being said, if you're reading this message, I welcome you to the new (and hopefully improved) MJM Magic Message Board. Stop by the New Members area to introduce yourself, and feel free to write posts, respond to topics, and have some fun! My goal is to have this be a resource for magic, and a place where we can all interact with each other.
Jeff_Mash
Site Admin

Re: MJM Magic launches new Message Boards

Postby vanishintonight » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:24 am

Awesome that you didn't just fold up the towel and call it a day......I'm not one for working with computers so I can only
imagine all the time and effort that you put into this. My email is through yahoo so I can't access the Magic cafe, but that
doesn't bother me because since I've discovered your magic shop I only purchase through you. Your prices, shipping, and most of all your dedicated customer service says it all. I can't wait until more members are hopping aboard and real discussions
start taking place.
vanishintonight

Postby Jeff_Mash » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:18 pm

Thanks Michael. You are a great addition to these boards and to our company! My goal is to gradually give this board more and more exposure so that it builds up content and popularity over time. Way back when we started MJM Magic in 2004, our message board became pretty popular and I certainly miss those days. Hopefully now, with good moderators and me staying up to date on anti-spam bots, the board will serve to be a real resource and a fun outlet for people who love magic!
Jeff_Mash
Site Admin

Postby Khuldrin » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:13 pm

YAY!
Thank you for restarting the msg board. I have always enjoyed the true sharing on the MJM board and found the members to be both helpful and friendly. Compared to other boards, there has not been any Elitisim nor flaming of other members. So again, thank you for making the boards re-appear!

Khuldrin
On the border of our minds lies a place where dreams and reality are one, a world of magic...
Khuldrin

Postby Jeff_Mash » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:40 am

You're welcome! It's good to have them back too. I think it will grow slowly, but it will soon be a nice little home for us to interact with each other.
Jeff_Mash
Site Admin

Return to Annoucements