"Inexplicable by Steve Shufton" & "X Act"

Use this forum to discuss brand new effects that are fresh on the market, or coming in the future!

"Inexplicable by Steve Shufton" & "X Act"

Postby vanishintonight » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:44 pm

Hi, everyone!.....I put an order in for "Inexplicable by Steve Shufton", and was wondering how it compares to Mark Mason's
"X-Act"......any help would be appreciated- they both sound the same- I was wondering if I should purchase "X-Act" also....
Michael :)
vanishintonight

Re: "Inexplicable by Steve Shufton" & "X Act"

Postby Khuldrin » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:53 pm

Inexplicable has not been shipped out to customers yet to give a fair comparison. In the long run and this is only my opinion, they will both be viewed by the spectator as the same effect, a prediction is set down and cards dealt, the stopped at card and prediction match. In X-act, the spectator names a number between 1 and 52 and cards counted to that number. Inexplicable, according to the blurb, you can use any deck (I read that as borrowed?) and cards dealt to whenever they decide to stop and the cards match.
Both sound great. Only us magicians/mentalists look at the slightest bits of differences and forget that our audiences will forget little nuances (that WE see) and remember the overall end effect. In fact sometimes they remember much more than what we really did.

I too have ordered Inexplicable and look forward to receiving it.
On the border of our minds lies a place where dreams and reality are one, a world of magic...
Khuldrin

Postby Khuldrin » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:07 am

Just received this today and I at least want to correct an assumption I made prior to receiving this.
Inexplicable, according to the blurb, you can use any deck (I read that as borrowed?)

I guess that was high hopes :) but at the same time, you may use this deck for other effects afterwards. It is a normal deck of 52 cards and not a trick deck that has the same card repeating. I look forward to using this.
On the border of our minds lies a place where dreams and reality are one, a world of magic...
Khuldrin

Postby vanishintonight » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:27 pm

In my parlor shows I've set up a Jumbo Deck like in Inexplicable- will be very visual, of course I'll keep my Invisible Deck
handy on the table to come to my rescue if needed- have only had to resort to that once so far!.....Michael :)
vanishintonight

Postby Khuldrin » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:40 am

Sending a pm.
Khuldrin

Postby Jeff_Mash » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:14 pm

I'm going to jump in here and say how much I love the principle behind X-ACT! From the spectator's point of view, Inexplicable and X-Act are the same effect. They are allowed to have the cards dealt down to a certain number, and whatever number they stop at, the card will match your prediction.

However, I personally like X-ACT a little bit more for the following reasons:

1. Less spectator management. With Inexplicable, there is a little more management on where the spectator can stop. With X-Act, there is no management! They name any number between 1 and 52, and once you pull the cards out of the deck, the "work" is done. You literally can freely and confidently deal down to their number, and it will match your prediction.

2. With X-Act, you can show the entire prediction card. You can literally pour it onto the table and see the entire thing. With Inexplicable, you have to hold the card when displaying it. Again, not a big deal, but I think X-Act is a little more "open" in it's display.

3. X-Act comes with an instructional DVD, and Mark Mason is a great teacher.

4. With X-Act, the gimmick is GENIUS! It literally does all the work for you, and it's very well made.

The only disadvantage with X-ACT is that you only want this deck to be used with this effect. It's not a borrowed deck, and therefore, you want to dedicate the deck for this one effect only. However, on the flip side, the RESET IS INSTANT! It's literally reset when you pick the cards back up, and you're ready to move onto the next table or next group to perform it again.

Comes in two colors: RED or BLUE
http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/index.php ... MASON-XACT
Jeff_Mash
Site Admin

Postby vanishintonight » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:29 pm

Thanks, Jeff, for the clarification on those effects- looks like I'll be saving my money up for X-Act.....Michael :)
vanishintonight

Return to Latest and Greatest