Zodiac by Chris Ballinger

Use this forum to discuss brand new effects that are fresh on the market, or coming in the future!

Zodiac by Chris Ballinger

Postby vanishintonight » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:32 pm

Nice little effect- different from cards, adds mystery as you can improv on the signs, maybe do a cold reading of the person also...has a nice cloth bag so you can carry it around with you- resets.....Michael :)
vanishintonight

Re: Zodiac by Chris Ballinger

Postby vanishintonight » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:54 pm

I'm surprised at the good reactions I'm getting from this effect. I guess its because everyone knows about astrology and the
Zodiac signs, and perhaps they even check their sign each day.....It's easy to perform- bone up on the signs and you'll have a very nice effect. When I ask the spectator to cut less than half the cards off I then inform them that I need the 12 signs so I do the count and place them around the card placing my crystal on the 1st card. In conversation beforehand they've already told me their birth-date ( I also ask other questions so they won't focus in on "when's your birthday). I then have count around the circle like in the effect, and they are very surprised when the card is their "sign"- I then tell them to look at the card they've cut to; they believe they cut to the top card of the packet inside the circle (talk about automatic misdirection) and they can't believe that they've cut to their "sign"!.....Good patter and routining of the cards make it a killer......Michael :)
vanishintonight

Postby Khuldrin » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:58 pm

This is one I have thought about. In watching the demo, to me, it felt like a trick but that may be because I am a magician. You are getting good spectator reactions with this effect?
Also, how is reset time? Is it table hopper/strolling performer fdiendly?
On the border of our minds lies a place where dreams and reality are one, a world of magic...
Khuldrin

Postby vanishintonight » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:50 pm

Well for starters it takes up a lot of room- 12 cards making a circle. They're not playing cards, and they are smaller. Wouldn't work for strolling and for tables you'd need some room. It does reset however. I printed off the Zodiac signs and dates of (they give you a link to go to) and I use a cut down version for asking and trying to answer insane questions- when was the last time you had your hair cut? (for instance), that way I can ask a question like When's your birthday and it goes unnoticed, and viola' I know their sign.........hope this helps.....Michael :)
vanishintonight

Postby vanishintonight » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:02 pm

Forgot to mention that the "Signs" chart is cut down and I took a heavy stock of paper with the words "Magic Potions 101" and glued them together.........Michael :)
vanishintonight

Return to Latest and Greatest