Magicians choice

Need help with mentalism or want to share some feedback? Come on in!

Magicians choice

Postby Khuldrin » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:48 am

Mentalisim is usually 'propless'. By propless, I mean the things used are not painted chinese red with dragons, flowing silks, or ropes etc. So many times I have watched others do what they believed to be mentalisim by using Magicians Choice. My observations of the audience reactions were, well, uhm, less than amazed and not entertained.
Why do I bring this up? To use a Magicians Choice as a stand alone effect, when not presented properly, I feel one discredits themselves and to an extent insults their audiences intelligence.
So with that said, there is a book by Docc Hillford called E’voque. Even if you do not do the effect, the information it contains is well worth the cost.
Perhaps if MJM can get these into their stock, I will order another copy for myself since mine kinda got waterlogged in a small flood.
On the border of our minds lies a place where dreams and reality are one, a world of magic...
Khuldrin

Re: Magicians choice

Postby vanishintonight » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:13 pm

I agree....I was the "magician's choice" as I call it only in some routines that require it and don't make a big splash that I'm using it so the spectator doesn't really know that you're getting them to select whatever object it is that you want them to select- it's very powerful; I didn't know there was an entire book devoted to that art...........Michael
vanishintonight

Postby Jeff_Mash » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:51 pm

Khuldrin wrote:Perhaps if MJM can get these into their stock, I will order another copy for myself since mine kinda got waterlogged in a small flood.

We did carry that item (see here) but it's been discontinued and no longer available. Hopefully Docc Hilford will reprint these and we can get them back, but at this time, there's no more available.
Jeff_Mash
Site Admin

Postby rockinmagic » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:56 am

Some of Docc's Stuff is pretty wild. Band of the Hand has some great routines. His book Ball and Tube book which takes the old Ball and Tube trick and turns it into a Mentalism Miracle is awesome. From the little bit I have learned this particular technique done correctly creates miracles. Done poorly turns you into a schmuck doing magic tricks. :lol:
rockinmagic

Postby Khuldrin » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:42 pm

Any routine can do that lol. I kew a guy that could present that 21 card trick ( the one with 3 rows of 7 cards) as a mentalisim miracle. I on the other hand look like the... well you know what I mean. Lol
On the border of our minds lies a place where dreams and reality are one, a world of magic...
Khuldrin

Postby Khuldrin » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:16 pm

Docc Hilford has availabe a docinar and pdf for download on his website of E'Voque and other items. I doubt that he will reprint since he has this.
Khuldrin

Return to Mentalism Magic Discussion