FUSE trick - Spirit Fire Writing Solution
Magician asks the spectator to choose a card from a deck and to memorize the card. Magician takes a piece of tissue paper and asks that the spectator hold the paper between their hands. The spectator is told to stare at the paper and to concentrate on the image and imagine it on the paper.
Now, the magician takes a box of matches and lights one of the matches. He lets it burn for about ten seconds and blows it out. (You could also use a lit cigarette or a lit piece of incense). Immediately, he takes the blown out match and touches it to the paper and a small smoldering starts. It continues to burn in a trail like pattern on the paper and slowly the suit of the card is revealed in the tissue paper. He takes another match and repeats the above, only to display the number of the card. The paper stops burning once it has spelled out the card selected. The spectator is left with a souvenir of the card's number and suit burned through the paper.
Other Suggested Routines
- Use an ESP deck and force a card with the symbol you want to use.
- Use a cross for Gospel Magic and "Fire Spirit Write" the Holy Cross.
- Find out someone's name prior to the performance and select them as a spectator and "Fire Spirit Write" their name.
- Use as a way to calculate the bill at a restaurant. Of course you must know the total of the meal ahead of time.
- Guess someone's age.
- Put tissue paper in a frame with a red background and paint the outline of a heart on the white tissue paper. When it burns through you will have a red heart!
Have fun with these ideas, and we are sure that you will come up with many great ideas of your own!
The Rules of FUSE
- Never use on Flash Paper, Flash Cotton, Flash String, or any other combustible powder or solution.
- Use only on white tissue paper, the kind used in gift wrapping. Paper should be cut into six inch squares.
- Do not put the solution on too heavy, because it may become noticeable after it dries.
- All letters must touch the next in sequence for the trail of fire to continue.
- Keep away from children!!!
- Keep all pre-made tissue papers with images painted on in a ziplock bag until ready to use.
- When using matches, use stick style matches and always let the match burn for at least ten seconds. This will make most of the match head burn away, leaving a smoldering matchstick when you blow out the match. The smoldering is what ignites the FUSE solution.
This product was added to our catalog on Thursday 17 November, 2005.