It's a Lu Lu by Docc Hilford
A perfect startling new way to read minds!
Imagine working high end night clubs with a deck of cards and a handkerchief. And
getting paid good money for ten minutes of amazing mentalistic entertainment. That is
exactly what Docc Hilford does with his blindfold act, It's a Lu Lu! And now you can do it
Two spectators shuffle a full deck of cards. The performer asks a woman to help him by
having three people select a card each. These are of course, free selections, as the
performer doesn't even see who participates. The cards are shown to others in the crowd,
but not tho the performer.
The cards are returned to the deck and the woman cuts the deck repeatedly. Now the
performer is blindfolded with an ungimmicked blindfold, legitimately blinded.
Cards are held up one at a time and discarded. But when the audience sees a selected
card, they all "THINK" the word "STOP" and the performer announces
that the card held is one that was selected. Although he has not seen the card and the
deck has been out of his hands for the selections and returns, he finds the selected cards
-- apparently by thought alone!
But that's not all! While the woman holds up cards, the performer announces the final
selection, then reveals the name of the spectator who chose it and finally names the
This is done while the cards are still in the woman's hands. Truly Unbelievable!!
This can be done in a living room for friends or on a dance floor of a night club. All
of Docc's night club patter is included for you to use as well.
- The blindfold is REAL - no peeking
- No stooges, cueing, or set-ups
- The spectators shuffle the cards
- The performer doesn't touch the cards for the selections or returns.
- The performer never sees who selected the cards.
- The helper still holds the cards when the last spectator and the final card is named.
- There's plenty of built in comedy bits!
- Always ready -- no pre-show work required.
- Can be prepared with any standard deck
- Two different handlings are explained.
- The full night club version is included.
- Can be performed close-up or walk around.
Docc has given every nuance and gesture. He's included the hokes, lines, and bits of
business necessary for mentalism work in a night club setting.
More importantly, Docc discusses his personal experiences of what a night club audience
expects and how to deliver it to them.
If you want to work night clubs, or to just amaze your friends, this routine is for
This is more than just a trick, it is a ten minute routine!