William V. Rauscher presents an
array of past and present unusual personalities in the field of psychic
entertainment and private readings. Like a vaudeville show, the
performers appear in a series of acts that confuse, confound and
perplex their followers, and create ethical issues for laymen,
researchers, and magicians.
This assemblage is a potpourri of remarkable characters whose
talents, skills, performance styles, personalities and approaches vary
greatly. For want of a better term, they are The Mind Readers, and they are Masters of Deception.
The players presented want their audiences to believe they possess
strange powers. Their language capabilities, knowledge of psychology,
and sheer nerve combine to accomplish their purpose, and offer a lesson
in the dynamics of mind control.
You will enjoy this book as a performance-a tour-through a labyrinth
of colorful, perplexing and enigmatic people who are committed to
making you believe.
Hardbound with dust jacket, 172 pages.
- Act One - Behind the Scenes
- Act Two - Five Mentalist Pacesetters
- Act Three - Personalities-Talented But Confusing
- Act Four - Prominent Tricksters
- Act Five - Mentalism-On the Stage and On the Page
- Act Six - They Amaze the World!
- Act Seven - More Mind Manipulators
- Act Eight - A Potpourri of Puzzlers
- Act Nine - Charming Performers With Clever Minds
- Act Ten - Bizarre and Benign Image Makers
- Act Eleven - Cold Readers-Psychic Entertainers
- Act Twelve - Mentalists and Ethical Conduct
- Cast of Characters