Professional Close-Up Magic - Vol. 3 - by Michael Skinner
This is an incredible opportunity to purchase a legendary magician's repertoire.
Michael Skinner's magic is entertaining, direct, surprising and magical.
You get more than six hours of magic taught to you by a man who has earned a living
performing and honing the material. You will learn 39 professional routines and the dozens
of techniques used to accomplish them.
Includes interviews about his Tonight Show appearances, meeting the magicians that
influenced his style, and the years he spent in Las Vegas and Hollywood. Hosted by Roger
Michael Skinner was one of the best close-up magicians in the world and his
professional repertoire was considered the largest and most versatile in the business.
This DVD series features performances and explanations to many of his best routines.
These are the routines Michael Skinner used to fool and entertain the patrons of the
Golden Nugget Casino in Las Vegas where he was the resident magician for more than twenty
years. You will not find better-constructed and choreographed magic anywhere.
Michael's attention to detail and superb routining made just about every effect he
performed a showstopper. These commercial and reputation-making effects will inspire you
to become a professional. You will be proud to add any of these routines to your working
Routines performed and explained:
- Flying Eagles: A multiphase coins across routine using six quarters.
- The Ball Vase: The classic Michael Skinner routine where sleight-of-hand is used
to make a child's toy into an entertaining and magical routine.
- Royal Flush Propelled Lapping: A spectator removes any five cards from the deck.
When the cards are turned face up they are shown to be the royal flush.
- Open Prediction: A card is named prior to the routine. A spectator deals the deck
face up looking for the card, leaving one card face down. Amazingly, the previously named
card turns out to be the card the spectator left face down.
- Cards Across: The classic of magic where cards vanish from one packet and appear
in another while both packets are being held by a spectator.
- Push-Through Failure: A card is peeked at and found by shuffling face-up cards
through face-down cards. The face-up half now contains one face-down card. The packet is
turned face down and the selected card is spelled down to revealing the face-up selection.
- Seconds, Thirds, Fourths & Fifths: A gambling themed routine where you
apparently deal cards from different parts of a small packet of cards.
- Tabled Ambitious: A selected card is lost in the middle of the deck but is found
on top. It continues to be lost in the deck but manages to find it's way to the top under
more impossible conditions -- even when the deck is tabled.
- All The Non-Conformists: A packet trick where the four queens are displayed and a
spectator names one. The named queen turns out to have the only odd backed card. The
routine continues until the backs of all the cards continuously change from black to red
and vice versa.
- The Mona Lisa Card Trick: A book of matches is used as an easel, and the deck is
described as fifty-two paintings. A painting is selected and lost in the deck. The Queen
Of Spades (the Mona Lisa) is placed on the easel. When the selected card is named the
Queen is now shown to be the selection.
Techniques demonstrated within routines:
Bounce Pass, Propelled Lapping, Multiple Top Palm, Action Palm, Vernon's Diagonal Palm
Shift, Palm To Palm Transfer, Drop-Cut Force.
This product was added to our catalog on Monday 14 March, 2005.