Roger Klause In Concert by Roger Klause
Roger Klause is one of magic's most respected performers and instructors. He has long
been referred to as an "underground magician" due to the secretiveness of his
methods. This DVD features highlights from his best selling book, "Roger Klause In
Concert," giving you an opportunity to experience one of the deep thinkers of
close-up magic who tips the way he approaches his magic in addition to the methods of
accomplishing his routines.
Routines performed and explained:
- Smokeless: A borrowed cigarette is lit and the match is vanished. The cigarette
is now placed into your fist and it too completely disappears.
- The Bantam-Weight Card: A peeked at card is found and shrunk into a miniature of
itself. Upon waving your hand on the miniature card it grows back to its original size.
- Marked Off-Color: A deck is described as marked when a spectator cuts to a card
that you name by looking at it's back. To prove that the card was actually marked it is
now shown as the only red backed card in the blue backed deck.
- The Miser's Cornucopia: A borrowed dollar bill is rolled into a cone and ten
dimes are poured out of it.
- The Operator: A multi-phase Monte themed routine using coins and bills. It begins
with two copper coins repeatedly changing place with a single silver coin and segues into
a bill transposition routine where a one-dollar bill repeatedly changes places with a five
dollar bill under impossible conditions.
- New Sponge & Sleeve: A sponge ball repeatedly vanishes and appears in the
- Elbow Coin Vanish: A stunt is shown where a stack of coins is balanced on your
elbow as you toss and you catch them. Upon repeating the stunt all the coins amazingly
- Red & White: Roger's famed handling for the color-changing handkerchief
routine where a red handkerchief repeatedly changes into a white handkerchief during a
Techniques and subtleties discussed: Hofzinser Spread Cull, Classic Force Ruse,
Thumbtip management, Peek Force, LePaul Pop-Up Production, Stud Bottom Deal, Side Steal,
Dye Tube management and much more.
You will learn powerful close-up magic with cards, coins, bills, sponges, silks,
cigarettes and matches.
Special DVD Features:
- Instant access to performances, explanations and techniques
- DVD trailers
- Dolby Digital sound
- Encoded for worldwide viewing
Running time: Approximately 90 minutes.
This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 09 February, 2005.