Tied by Jason Wethington
As human beings, we all have the ability to create. All too often, this gift of
creativity is laid to rest before it is ever used. Living under the theory that
inspiration is the key to motivation, to inspire, is to breathe life into lifelessness.
Join accomplished magician Jason Wethington as he walks through the city of Orlando
with the mind-set to inspire and evoke creativity. Through his magic, the main idea is to
unlock what it is that people are tied to. The art style is irrelevant, but the need to
inspire is necessary to human survival. If the world's creativity is misplaced, then the
world is truly lost.
Jason's traditional style of magic re-enforces the idea that magic is about the people
and what they get out of it. An anecdote, a thought, or a defining moment. In short, the
spectators get out of it, what you, the magician puts into it.
- Behind the scenes featurette
- 9 detailed revelations
- Commentary by Jason Wethington and Will Cobble
- Over two hours and thirty minutes of production time
- Eat more Popcorn: An experiment in psychology, a trick seasoned pros can add
immediately to their repertoire and so easy beginners will be able to use it too.
- Oil and Water: Jason's handling of this classic borrows from Rene Levand and Chad
long for a great routine.
- The Gambler's Cards Across: Ok it has nothing to do with gambling we just wanted
to do a teach in of a great utility sleight and capitalize on the popularity of poker, can
we be forgiven?
- Giggle Coins Across: That's the reaction you'll get from your buddies at the next
meeting. A great strolling effect. No need for tables here. Muscle passers will have a lot
of fun with this.
- 2003-3&3: Jason shares another version of his favorite effect, Coins Across!
This one is for a more formal setting when you have a table available. Three coins travel
form hand to hand. Then all three at once....Killer!
- Okito Box Routine: A three phase routine. First, four coins magically appear
(delicious!) Then Jason offer a version of Chad Long's "Okito Reversemmbly" that
doesn't need a Boston Box. Finishing with "Okito Unplugged." This has been a
closely guarded handling of an instantaneous 'Out with Four' type effect. It was a big hit
at the TSD convention in New Orleans.
- CST: Do you think Jason likes coins? This is another classic with a very visual
handling. Imagine being able to let your audience double check the coin in their closed
fist making sure it is the one you gave them, yet the change still takes place! Heresy I
- Who wants to be the Firebug: One of Jason's favorite routines. Very simple
handling lots of good magic. Oh and he tips his handling on using new quarters with your
- Pen and Drink Routine: No fancy name just Jason's signature routine. After seeing
this routine, Tyler Gray from the Orlando Sentinel wrote, "That was some real
This product was added to our catalog on Saturday 26 February, 2005.