Seeking best effect for vanishing objects

Use this form to ask about an effect you can't find, or something in general that you're looking for. Ex: "What's the name of that card trick where the magician makes all the aces turn into jokers?"

Seeking best effect for vanishing objects

Postby vanishintonight » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:36 pm

Hi everyone!.....MJM Magic has so many effects to vanish something, and I'd like to hear about what you're using and why-
as it is now, I'll be waiting for TKO 2.0 to come out, but I'm sure that other effects fit that bill so put your post here.....
thanks, Michael
vanishintonight

Re: Seeking best effect for vanishing objects

Postby Khuldrin » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:57 am

Is there really a best? I agree that there are many items for vanishing things but what is your venue? What is it you are wanting to vanish? Will you be face on, will you be surrounded, will your audience be front, left, and right? Those are the questions that you should be asking yourself as you look at the different items available.
Myself, I like TT for small silks, matches, cigarettes, salt
Coins I use a number of sleight of hand methods
Depending on if I work stage, I will use a pull or hold out for different items.
The one thing I was never able to get the hang of was a Toppit and if I could have mastered that, I would have probably used that in all kinds of venues.
What item has caught your attention that brought you to ask about the best?
On the border of our minds lies a place where dreams and reality are one, a world of magic...
Khuldrin

Postby vanishintonight » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:17 pm

Gimmick that allows you to clean-up, or just vanish something- like: tko, tarantula, crystal clear, etc.........Michael
vanishintonight

Postby Khuldrin » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:58 am

TKO looks nice and has a decent price. I have never used it nor do I know the workings of it but for the price, it looks good.
Tarnatula... The video demos I seen are nice but for me, it is not something I think I would use.
Crystal Vanish looks nice for the price also but that too is something that I dont think is for me.
Now, the one that has had me intrigued for a couple of years and one of these days I will get the $ for it is Blackwidow. For me and what I like to perform, I can see many uses of that device.
These are only observations from seeing online demos and never seeing the items used in real life.
On the border of our minds lies a place where dreams and reality are one, a world of magic...
Khuldrin

Postby vanishintonight » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:44 am

Lance used to have the Black Widow..........
vanishintonight

Postby Lance Perriera » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:31 pm

I had the black widow and ended up selling it. I did not care for the set up. I now have the invisible hand with the D.V.D's and all the attachments. For me this is the way to go. Easy set up and you can do a lot with the attachments. Very well built and so easy to use. I love it.
Want to see a trick.
Lance Perriera

Postby Khuldrin » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:50 pm

Nice, thanks for sharing about invisible hand. Now I have more thinking to do...lol
Khuldrin

Return to Looking For Something?