One handed Silk Production

Use this form to ask about an effect you can't find, or something in general that you're looking for. Ex: "What's the name of that card trick where the magician makes all the aces turn into jokers?"

One handed Silk Production

Postby vanishintonight » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:35 pm

Hi everyone!.....I'm looking for a god method of producing a 24" silk from one hand (to be used in conjunction with
"Flower Power")......currently I employ their method of just accordion pleating the silk and having it palmed in my hand....
I'd love a way to do it where I can show (by greeting the audience) that my hand is empty....I remember in the old days there used to be on the market some type of holding device that you put on the inside of your coat bottom- but, have been unable to locate it, guess I can use any type ball holder, but would prefer not to as I'm already using a bunch for this & that........Any suggestions?...Michael
vanishintonight

Re: One handed Silk Production

Postby Khuldrin » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:08 pm

I am not sure what type of costume you are wearing but if it is a nice suit or tux, what about removing a flower from your lapel with your fingertips, a flick of the wrist and the flower changes into a silk?
On the border of our minds lies a place where dreams and reality are one, a world of magic...
Khuldrin

Postby vanishintonight » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:41 pm

Hadn't considered that one- I like!....everyone, keep those suggestions pouring in!.....Michael
vanishintonight

Postby Lance Perriera » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:00 am

Tony Clark has something out. Called silk drop. Its a gimmick that you can produce a silk with one hand. I looked on MJM but did not find it. Maybe Jeff would know more.
Want to see a trick.
Lance Perriera

Postby vanishintonight » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:40 pm

Thanks, Lance, for the info- I was able to go to the Magic Cafe and most reviews of it were for the vanishing of a silk, and not
to complementary. I guess until something new pops up I'll use the old ball holder, although I already use several for the
multiplying balls and to hold a mouth coil- one more shouldn't hurt.....years back, I think I remember, from Rice's Ency. of
Silk Magic, a modified ball holder that had like a 2" piece of wire (instead of the round holders) where you'd wrap the silk around
it and tuck in the loose end, ready to palm when you needed it. Might try making my own and seeing if this works better than the ball holder....Michael
vanishintonight

Return to Looking For Something?