Card effects I like- what are your favorites?

This forum is for specific questions related to card handling or techniques.

Card effects I like- what are your favorites?

Postby vanishintonight » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:02 am

Greetings!.....Let me start by saying I'm not good at sleight-of-hand with cards. The effects I like doing have minimal
skill so I build them up by their presentation. Here's a listing of the card effects I use:
1) Out of this World
2) The Rising card
3) Invisible Deck
4) Sidewinder
5) Skinner's 3 Card Monte
7) Red/Blue Card
8) Card to Wallet(Mullica Wallet)
9) Aces in their Faces
10) WOW
11) Red Herring (Still learning)
12)TV Cards (don't know the real name, David Copperfield performed it on national tv.)
13) Twisted Sister
14) Card Warp
15) Strange Traveler
16) Mystery Box 2

These effects still require, like any other magic effect, constant practice- but their prices are affordable, the spectator's
love them- and they come off like you've done years of practice. I'd love to hear about what card effects you all like that
fit into this "category" of mine. Also if you'd like to have a discussion of any of these listed effects just post your question
or response here. I've only listed card effects that I use close-up, and not on stage......Hope to hear from you, Michael
vanishintonight

Re: Card effects I like- what are your favorites?

Postby Lance Perriera » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:08 am

Card to wallet.
A.B.C.R with wow as a kicker.

Smart ass by Bill

These are the ones I have been using lately but I have lots.
Want to see a trick.
Lance Perriera

Postby vanishintonight » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:30 am

Lance, which Card to Wallet do you use?.......I use the Mullica Wallet......
vanishintonight

Postby vanishintonight » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:56 pm

Hi Lance!.........If you haven't tried out "Aces in their Faces" and "Twisted Sister" you really need to. Great audience
participation- many ways to present them........ affordable, killer routines!........Michael
vanishintonight

Postby Lance Perriera » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:54 pm

Funny I have Twisted Sister but have not yet used it. I hear great things about it. I need to take a look at it. The wallet I use is the F1 wallet. Works super fast and it kicks butt.
Want to see a trick.
Lance Perriera

Postby vanishintonight » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:38 pm

You'll need to get "Aces in their Faces"- just switch the deck in, and.........I like the most difficult routine on it-
which is fairly simple really; you'll need to do a jordan count and a modified elmsley.........it drives them wild!....
Michael............ If you want some ideas on presenting "twisted sister" let me know and I'll pm them to you......
vanishintonight

Postby Khuldrin » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:44 am

I think that my favorite card effect is called The Chicago Opener
On the border of our minds lies a place where dreams and reality are one, a world of magic...
Khuldrin

Postby vanishintonight » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:26 pm

that one I'm not familiar with- but it sounds like it would be above my skill level........Michael
vanishintonight

Postby Khuldrin » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:35 pm

Actually Michael, I like to keep things simple so I am willing to say it is not above your skill level. The effect is also called Red Hot Momma:
Using a blue backed deck, the cards are spread and one is freely selected. After the spectator looks at their selection and shows it around, they return it to the middle of the deck. A lady blows a kiss at the deck and you tell her it makes the selected card card “BLUSH.” With no false moves, the cards are spread to reveal there is now a RED card in the middle of the blue backed deck. The red card is turned over and shown to be the card. The card is then placed face down on the young lady’s hand and a second card is chosen. You ask her to blow another kiss at the deck and viola... it didnt work...so you ask her to blow another kiss. Again it does not work. Wait a moment, she is already holding a red card. You ask the name of the selected card and when she turns the red card in her hand over, it has changed into the selected card.
On the border of our minds lies a place where dreams and reality are one, a world of magic...
Khuldrin

Postby vanishintonight » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:18 pm

I do a variation of that effect , for lack of anything else to call it , I call it Red/Blue card- it's a great opener......
And as you mention easy to perform but a real attention opener............Michael
vanishintonight

Next

Return to Card Magic Discussion