Card Sleights

This forum is for specific questions related to card handling or techniques.

Re: Card Sleights

Postby vanishintonight » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:34 pm

Which DL do you prefer- I'm been practicing, and getting good results with, the "Push-Off DL".....(thanks Lance for the recommendation).......Michael
vanishintonight

Postby vanishintonight » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:38 pm

I use 2 types of "forces"- although I don't do any effects except what I call Red/Blue that requires a force. Do you do the
"Classic Force"- that's one of my for later wish things to learn. If you'd like I can pm you what 2 forces I use (once I can figure out to describe them- I'm sure they have names but would have no idea how to locate that).......Michael
vanishintonight

Postby Khuldrin » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:16 pm

Yes I use a classic force and I also use a riffel force.
On the border of our minds lies a place where dreams and reality are one, a world of magic...
Khuldrin

Postby vanishintonight » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:33 pm

Yes, that's the name I was looking for, the Riffle Force. The other one is where I have the force card on top of the deck
and I casually play with the cards while talking- but what i'm really doing is while holding the deck with one hand I'm taking like the top 6 or 7 cards off of the top of the deck with (and into) the other hand (so their position is reversed- the force card is now at the bottom on those 6 or 7 cards) and I bring my hands together and immediately spread the cards over the smaller packet I'm holding. Then I continue the spread and ask the spectator to touch any card. When they do I then pull my hands apart at the card they touched (while squaring up the small packet underneath it) and I show them the card they "selected"....It's difficult
to describe but works very well for me......Michael
vanishintonight

Postby Khuldrin » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:11 am

I too use that force. In the long run, the force I use is what seems right for me at the moment.
You mentioned that you wish to learn the classic force and one way to practice it is by using the card force you described, work on where you want the spectator to stop you at and you will find that soon you will get them to select the card you want them to take.
On the border of our minds lies a place where dreams and reality are one, a world of magic...
Khuldrin

Postby vanishintonight » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:58 am

That's another item on my wishlist- "The Classic Force from Paul Green" (DVD)................Michael
vanishintonight

Previous

Return to Card Magic Discussion