Zombie "Explained"

Do you perform in front of large crowds or are you into stage shows? Step on up and post in here!

Zombie "Explained"

Postby Merlynof09 » Tue May 07, 2013 8:50 pm

I have an Idea that I am looking for your input on, I perform the "Zombie" floating ball effect and have had fun doing so for many years now and have done several finishes, I have been thinking of a new finish for "Zombie",showing how it works (Not realy), I would use Bill Abbotts "The Thing" to show that there is "Clearly nothing", is there anyone else who thinks that these two can work togeather?? :roll: :roll:
Merlynof09

Re: Zombie "Explained"

Postby Khuldrin » Wed May 08, 2013 10:15 pm

It is my thought that even though the two effects are the 'same', using them both in the same routine would not be as strong.
The Zombie is a beautiful metal sphere that defies the laws of gravity. A ball and magician waltz together in a very poetic display of magic.
The Thing, there is something invisible that is captured and floats around, there is something yet nothing... just what is it? That is the magic of The Thing.

Envisioning the two together in my own imagination... both are beautiful pieces of magic by themselves but bringing the two together seems to decrease the enjoyment of the each effect. Instead of magic, it becomes a puzzle.

You may have a routine thought out already which may be able to bring them together and my thoughts and imagination are completely different than yours; so only you can say for sure if they would work together.
On the border of our minds lies a place where dreams and reality are one, a world of magic...
Khuldrin

Re: Zombie "Explained"

Postby vanishintonight » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:16 pm

I agree- using both would be overkill with floating; I have "The Thing" and to master it will take some time for me, but will be
worth the effort.....Michael :)
vanishintonight

Return to Stage Magic Discussion