John Bannon's Spin Doctor

Do you have your own feedback or review on an item we sell? Then post it here and let everyone know your thoughts on the item!

John Bannon's Spin Doctor

Postby Khuldrin » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:11 am

This past weekend I managed to take a roadtrip to a brick and mortar magic shop. Was great to get live demonstrations!
Onto my review...

John Bannon's Spin Doctor is one great little packet trick. If you can do an elmsley count, you can get some jaw dropping responses.
The effect: A simple twisting of the aces... the four aces are shown, turned face down, twisted, and the ace of hearts turns face up. Another twist and the ace of clubs is now the card thats face up, to be followed by the ace of diamonds. The ace of spades is then placed face up onto the face down cards, a simple twist and all the aces are face up, but wait, there's more... the ace of spades gets removed and is made to vanish from the card which is in the spectators hand and reappears in with the other aces... but wait, there's more... when the aces are turned over, each one has a different colored and designed back.

Pros: If you can do an elmsley count, the handling is easy
The cards can be handled by the spectators after the effect is over
Set up is simple and can be done when putting the cards away so you are set for the next time... perfect for strolling magic and table hopping

I have no real complaints. The DVD is short and to the point. John Bannon does a good job in the instructions. I watched the effect and tutorial but opened the *.pdf for the written instructions for practice. I guess I am old school and find that I can learn better from the written word over watching and rewinding the DVD. I feel that this effect could be sold for half the price with written instructions and not include the DVD, but thats just me. In the long run though, I am pleased with Spin Doctor.

http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/spin-doct ... -8989.html
On the border of our minds lies a place where dreams and reality are one, a world of magic...
Khuldrin

Re: John Bannon's Spin Doctor

Postby Lance Perriera » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:06 pm

Nice review. Thanks.
Want to see a trick.
Lance Perriera

Postby vanishintonight » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:04 pm

You make it sound amazing- another one for my wishlist..........Michael :)
vanishintonight

Postby vanishintonight » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:35 am

Just picked this one up- very nice indeed....he does a good job of taking care of all the loose ends.......... :)
vanishintonight

Return to Trick Reviews