Inexplicable by Steve Shufton

Do you have your own feedback or review on an item we sell? Then post it here and let everyone know your thoughts on the item!

Inexplicable by Steve Shufton

Postby vanishintonight » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:12 pm

This effect is a definite must!...please see my review of the product. It's direct, to the point, no sleights, easy to do, instant reset, and a total baffler! This is going into my show!.....Michael :)
vanishintonight

Re: Inexplicable by Steve Shufton

Postby Khuldrin » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:17 pm

Hey Michael, I hope you don't mind if I expand a little on this...

The advert blurb states:
The effect in detail: A spectator is shown a small envelope, just large enough to accommodate a playing card. In fact, it contains a single playing card. This prediction is left in full view on the table (or in her hand). This is the final prediction. It will never be switched!

There is only one envelope and only one card in it.
So far, so good...

The spectator is handed a normal deck of playing cards to carefully examine. In fact, you can use ANY deck - nothing is added or taken away. She can see the deck is normal, well mixed, and there is truly nothing out of the ordinary - nothing to hide!

The 'ANY deck' stated in the advert is IMHO a touch misleading, I had hoped that I could borrow a deck to do this, though I guess if you know how to situate the cards from memory and do it in front of spectators, one could use a borrowed deck, for me, this is not an option. I believe that the 'ANY deck' means that you do not need to purchase a special deck, you have a pack of open bikes? Okay, you can use it... no special deck needed, it is just a deck of 52 cards, no duplicates and is in a mixed order.

A little audience management is needed but don't let that stop you, it is explained in the instructions which in my opinion, the instructions are easy to understand which makes learning this a joy. You get everything needed except the deck of cards, but hey, perhaps you have a deck that has pretty flowers on the back, you can use that deck if you want. :D

Well worth the 20 George Washingtons' or the 10 Thomas Jeffersons' or the 4 Abraham Lincolns' or the 1 Andrew Jackson!
On the border of our minds lies a place where dreams and reality are one, a world of magic...
Khuldrin

Re: Inexplicable by Steve Shufton

Postby vanishintonight » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:43 pm

That is very true about magic ads. They mention certain things but neglect to reveal all- and for the life of me I can't
understand why they do this. But, I do love this effect; have done it 5 times and only once did I have to resort to the
Invisible Deck backup.......Michael :)
vanishintonight

Return to Trick Reviews