Brick and Mortar

You can pretty much chat about anything non-magic related in here (news, politics, beliefs, etc).

Brick and Mortar

Postby Khuldrin » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:36 pm

In the 80's, I had the honor to work in a magic shop, Carrothers Magic Studio, in Toledo Ohio. There is something about being in a brick and mortar store that can not be obtained via computers; a camaraderie, the sharing of ideas in person, showing new moves and effects to brothers and sisters in magic, and sometimes just the feel of being surrounded with nothing but magic effects, props, and books... it is a different world. Imagine, going to the shop just to look around and visit with friends and walking in and finding some of persons you had seen on the covers of Magic Magazine, Linking Ring, MUM... and meeting them... Karrell Fox, Eugene Burger, George Kirkendall, Blackstone Jr...
Getting caught up in real life and after many friends broken wand ceremonies, I had placed magic to the side. Then one day a couple of years ago, as I was driving I saw a magic shop, Wunderground Magic Shop... though I was on my way somewhere I turned around and in I went. WOW, memories and excitement flowed through me. Now, new friends made and again meeting some magicians that are known...
Yesterday I visited my friends at Wunderground and I have my fingers crossed that somehow, someway, online shopping does not overwhelm profitability for them.
If you have a brick and mortar store near you, please patronize them also, because you will have a magical experience that is not obtained via YouTube or computer.
On the border of our minds lies a place where dreams and reality are one, a world of magic...
Khuldrin

Re: Brick and Mortar

Postby vanishintonight » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:58 pm

I too enjoy supporting local business's.......Out here in rural Farmington, WalMart had driven out so many family owned
business's.........Michael :)
vanishintonight

Return to What's On Your Mind?