Seeking card effect for card to wallet

Use this form to ask about an effect you can't find, or something in general that you're looking for. Ex: "What's the name of that card trick where the magician makes all the aces turn into jokers?"

Seeking card effect for card to wallet

Postby vanishintonight » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:52 pm

Hi everybody!....I'm seeking a card effect that I can do either before of after the "Card to Wallet"....I use the Mullica
Wallet, and am able to control a signed card inserted anywhere into the deck to either the top or bottom of the deck,
that's about it (besides elmsly, jordan count)- still working on my double lift;.......but, out of all the card effects MJM
has which one would you recommend for use with a normal deck? Oh, and no thread work..........thanks, Michael
vanishintonight

Re: Seeking card effect for card to wallet

Postby Jeff_Mash » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:39 pm

When you say normal deck, does this mean impromptu or borrowed deck? Or are you opposed to using a normal deck with a prearranged order or perhaps a stack/setup of cards in the deck?
Jeff_Mash
Site Admin

Postby vanishintonight » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:32 pm

Using a normal deck, maybe having a gaff or gaff cards I could sneak in.........
vanishintonight

Postby Jeff_Mash » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:07 pm

This DVD is getting good feedback from people. Not to mention, Cameron Francis is just a good guy and I like the way he thinks:

http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/ultimate-impromptu-card-magic-by-cameron-francis-big-blind-media-dvd-p-14027.html
Jeff_Mash
Site Admin

Postby Khuldrin » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:26 am

A simple card effect for after card to wallet, using the same signed card would be a torn and restored card. Though with the impact of a signed card to wallet... why try to top it?
As for a lead into the Mullica effect how about a prediction effect?
A card force then open wallet to show you placed a prediction card in it, turn both cards over at the same time and they match.
Offer to try it again, only this time have them autograph their card, while they are doing that, place a card from the deck into the wallet stating it will be the same but opposite... for example, a 10C compared too 10S... (you can autograph your card, writing Wrong card {use your name} and wrong wallet) Once the groans from the poor joke stop, finish the Mullica card from wallet.
On the border of our minds lies a place where dreams and reality are one, a world of magic...
Khuldrin

Postby vanishintonight » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:24 pm

that's a unique way to finish up with the card to wallet- will have to try both of your suggestions; was looking more along the
lines of an effect prior to the card in wallet, a nice torn & restored card will suit the bill, in fact just ordered Rehap for that reason...I'm not good with card sleights so usually what I do is switch in the normal deck after using a gimmicked deck....
Michael
vanishintonight

Postby Khuldrin » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:04 am

I do a cards to pocket which I have used prior to the card to wallet.
The spectator reaches into my pocket to ensure that it is empty and when they say there is nothing in it...
No it isn't, your hand is in there. said with a wink.
Once they take their hand out, I reach into my pocket and remove a card, And here is your signed card! I triumphtly show them the face of a card, which isn't theirs. They laugh at me. I look at the card and reply Hmmmm... lets try it again, make sure my pocket is empty. They reach in and find it empty.
Again, I reach in and pull out a card, it is not their card. Ok, one more chance please. I show my hand to be empty, reach in and pull out a card showing that I made their card fly into my pocket... but alas, it isnt it. Now I start pulling cards out of my pocket, some one at a time, some two, three, six at a time, See any you like? as I toss them down onto the table.
You know what the problem is, your card decided to go to a different pocket, in fact, not only did it go to a different pocket, it lost itself in here as I remove the Mullica Wallet and finish with their signed card from inside.
On the border of our minds lies a place where dreams and reality are one, a world of magic...
Khuldrin

Postby vanishintonight » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:53 am

Just using a normal deck of cards that I carry around, and not having to switch decks to do like "Aces in their Faces" or
"Haunted"- think I made the right choice by going with "ReHab", that's a killer routine......Michael
vanishintonight

Postby Khuldrin » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:38 pm

Just watched the video of 'Rehab' It is a very nice looking torn and restored card. May I ask how impromptu it is?
Khuldrin

Postby vanishintonight » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:24 pm

"Rehab" is like totally impromptu- no reset (although you'll need to make up extra cards beforehand if you're going to do it more than once)..........I've added this to my sequence of card effects- I suggest you get it, you won't go wrong......he also includes several other effects that you can do besides the main one "Rehab".....forgot to mention that you can be as fancy as you want: you can force the card, or simply take a card yourself- either way it's magic!......Michael
vanishintonight

Return to Looking For Something?