Short Cards

For all those items that the audience never sees. Dove harness, thumb tip, etc.........

Short Cards

Postby Khuldrin » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:10 pm

So, I found myself in need of a short card for an effect I am working on and did not have one. I decided I would try to make one from an incomplete deck of cards (can't accuse me of playing with a full deck! :lol: ). I tried scissors which did the job but hey, you can tell it was cut. I tried a guillotine paper cutter which gave me the same results of the scissors, just a straighter cut... well, I looked around and found an emery-board for manicuring fingernails and lightly 'filed' the ends of the card. Guess what, the card looks as it should and it is a workable shortcard. Just thought I would share a way to quickly make a shortcard if you are needing one and dont have one handy.
On the border of our minds lies a place where dreams and reality are one, a world of magic...
Khuldrin

Re: Short Cards

Postby vanishintonight » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:14 pm

Also, you can obtain a whole deck of "short cards" from MJM Magic- that way they look just like a regular card!....And so many routines are possible with it- and, there's also a DVD called: "Miracles with a Short Card by Peter Cassford".......Michael
vanishintonight

Postby Khuldrin » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:37 pm

Thanks for the info. I just looked them up. Call me cheap, I only needed one but if I ever need 52 of them, I would definatly consider getting a deck.
On the border of our minds lies a place where dreams and reality are one, a world of magic...
Khuldrin

Postby vanishintonight » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:31 pm

For me, the "short card" is like a thumb tip- it allows you to do so much!....I'm not a card person- by that I mean I don't have
the skills enough to do intricate things with cards, but by using a "short card" I can control a selected card to either the top or the bottom of the deck- hence, routines like "card on ceiling", using the "kennedy box", performing a mind-boggling card to wallet, etc. become possible for me.....I think it's a very under rated, and unused, gimmick......Michael
vanishintonight

Return to Gimmicks and Accessories