Hi every one

Start a new post in here and let us know more about you!

Hi every one

Postby DanyMato » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:39 pm

Hi, i'm DanyMato. I'm from Canada-Quebec and i have around 30 years old. In 2007 i start magic, close-up magic more, for two years i never stop :) each day i learning and practicing something new, i was very seriously and perform in front of little group like street magician.

In 2009, i go in mission in Afghanistan for 10 month and a half, during this time i stop magic because i was not enough time, personal time, and i never touch magic thing after. Last week, i make a clean-up in my "extra room" and re-open a deck of cards. You know the rest of history :lol: Yeah! I can't stop "play" with my deck :lol:

So, i'm very motivated and want restart magic, so i'm here ;)
I love cards tricks, i like watch all kind of tricks but for me is the cards and no gimmick is better but that is just my preferences ;) I can say i'm more a cardician than a magician. My idol....yeah, Ed Marlo :P

Its one of my last time in 2009:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzndMmwUMII
DanyMato

Re: Hi every one

Postby Lance Perriera » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:13 am

Welcome DanyMato. Glad to meet you. If I can be any help on the forums please let me know. You video was really good. Love to top change. I have been doimg magic for 20 + years now. I perform mostly kids shows and bar magic. But love all kind of magic. Hope to hear from you more in the forums.
Lance.
Want to see a trick.
Lance Perriera

Postby DanyMato » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:40 am

More than 20 years, wow!!
and thanks ;)
DanyMato

Postby Jeff_Mash » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:59 am

Welcome to MJM Magic, Dany! That's pretty impressive that you went all the way to Afghanistan for mission work. We're glad you're back home safely though, and it's a pleasure to have you posting on this website! Feel free to contribute, post questions and answers, or write up product reviews!
Jeff_Mash
Site Admin

Postby DanyMato » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:12 am

Thanks, i appreciate.
DanyMato

Welcome DanyMato!

Postby vanishintonight » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:48 am

All I can say is WOW!.......Your card work is excellent, especially to having learned it in such a short period of time.
I wish I could say I even knew a tenth of what you're performing- cards and me don't get along (unless I use gaffed
ones). Where you in the service or doing missionary service for your church?......Glad to have you aboard! One routine
i'm working on is "Autograph"- but I need to master the double lift first......Michael
vanishintonight

Postby DanyMato » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:06 am

Thanks! I'm in Canadian Forces, Radio Operator. In the video i use a couple of gaff cards but now i want practice stuff more "clean", a kind of tricks you can do with 52 cards-that's it ;P
I concentrate my "work" on this two amazing books: Card Magic of LePaul-Very cheap price 11,59$
Revolutionary Card Technique by Ed Marlo, its 67.85$(538 pages) but is one of the "bible" for cards
DanyMato

Card magic

Postby vanishintonight » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:07 pm

Hi!.......you've taken your training seriously- do you give lessons? ( :lol: ) My son was in Afghanistan, US Army Ranger.....
although you use gaffs, you use them well.....Have always dreamed of being like Slydini- pure magic with ordinary objects.
vanishintonight

Postby vanishintonight » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:28 pm

Do you find learning card techniques better with a book or a DVD?........Michael
vanishintonight

Return to New Member? Introduce Yourself Here!