Smoke effects

Do you perform in front of large crowds or are you into stage shows? Step on up and post in here!

Smoke effects

Postby Merlynof09 » Wed May 15, 2013 11:17 pm

Hello, I'm looking for some addvice as to which smoke effect will work best for what I want to do in a new stage show that I'm developing, I want to be able to produce smoke from my hands several times throughout the program, it will be used to sugest the magic happening, I may or may not use a "flash" with it, how ever it should not get in the way when I am doing something else that I do not want the smoke for, I do work with a table but do not want to be limited to it, any ideas, sugestions or any input will be most welcomed :)
Merlynof09

Re: Smoke effects

Postby Khuldrin » Wed May 15, 2013 11:33 pm

There are a few effects out there and if you have found any that interest you, perhaps we can be of more help in deciding which would be best for you.
On the border of our minds lies a place where dreams and reality are one, a world of magic...
Khuldrin

Re: Smoke effects

Postby Lance Perriera » Thu May 16, 2013 1:33 pm

Pure Smoke vs Magic Smoke V2. These are the leaders out there for produceing smoke from your hands. Both of them you have to wear a jacket to hide the gimmick. Both cost around the same. Pure smoke around 160.00 and magic smoke V2 around 200.00

I had pure smoke and I hated it. It made way to much noise for close up. It would be OK for stage but not close up at all. It does make very nice stedy smoke from your hands as little or as much as you like. If you read reviews on the Cafe most dont like it and it breaks down alot and also you will need to buy refills that will be costly in the long run. I now have Magic Smoke V2. 100% better. You cant hear it at all. So its good for close up and stage if you like. It costs a little more but it comes with a life time of smoke. Its a little bottle filled with the fluid you use. You only use two drops and the bottled will last like forever.

There is also SSS. Very cheep but only good if you use a table from what I have read. I dont own it so cant really say.

Hope this help. :ugeek: :ugeek:
Want to see a trick.
Lance Perriera

Return to Stage Magic Discussion