Metalism: Episode 01

Do you have your own feedback or review on an item we sell? Then post it here and let everyone know your thoughts on the item!

Metalism: Episode 01

Postby Khuldrin » Tue May 21, 2013 4:16 am

Coming soon... an in depth review of http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/metalism- ... 16077.html
But in the meantime, without having yet worked with it and only watching the DVD... Well put together, instructions very simple to understand, and I am looking forward to working with this. I am more than likely to use the impromptu version more often, though I am willing to put the effort into the gimmick version since I find it to be such a beautiful and visual effect.

I would also like to send KUDOS to MJM for such a fast shipment... I was surprised to see this in my mailbox today (Monday) with MJM shipping it out on Friday.
On the border of our minds lies a place where dreams and reality are one, a world of magic...
Khuldrin

Re: Metalism: Episode 01

Postby vanishintonight » Tue May 21, 2013 1:17 pm

Can't wait to hear your review- this effect is eerie!.............Michael :)
vanishintonight

Re: Metalism: Episode 01

Postby Khuldrin » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:08 am

"Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." Forrest Gump

Lets take a look at the Ad claims:

Original Concept.
Highly visual effect.
Only 30 seconds to prepare.
Easy to master and perform
Fully controlled bend timing, pace and shape.
No freezing or heating.
Packs small and plays big.
Compatible with all common paperclip sizes.
DVD + Gimmick included

All the above statements are true.
The gimmicked version is a beautiful effect but the method is not going to be for everyone. The only issue I have with the whole thing... had I known that there are some things that are needed (which I did not have and had I known, I may not have bought this), though I did purchase a certain something and practiced. I admit that this is not an effect I will be doing because it is not something that I will carry around with me for an 'impromptu' session. I am sure that there are others that will find this to be a worker.

There is an impromptu version taught and I will probably use it, though the bend is not a visual animated bend like the gimmicked version.

What you get for your money is IMHO worth it. The DVD is well put together, the instructions clear, and the gimmick that is included is well made. And as mentioned, an impromptu version is taught also. A question for Menny Lindenfeld... since this is Episode 01, can we look forward to more episodes in the near future? I do enjoy your perspectives.
On the border of our minds lies a place where dreams and reality are one, a world of magic...
Khuldrin

Return to Trick Reviews