magic tea kettle

Use this form to ask about an effect you can't find, or something in general that you're looking for. Ex: "What's the name of that card trick where the magician makes all the aces turn into jokers?"

magic tea kettle

Postby Itchman » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:01 am

I recently saw on t.v. an amazing effect about a magic tea kettle. The performer showed a tea kettle & spectators call favorite booze, drinks, ligour, etc . Without doing anything their drink poured into a cup and tasted just like what they asked for. 1 person wanted a black Russian & another wanted some tequila and they all got what they wanted. It was supposed to an old trick & this guy figured out how to it he also the catch the bullet in teeth, the Indian Rope Trick, and some other stuff. I don't there's anyway to find more info this trick.
Itchman

Re: magic tea kettle

Postby vanishintonight » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:58 pm

Seems like I heard of that somewhere- have you "googled" Magic Tea Kettle Trick, or checked with the major magic suppliers?....good luck, Michael
vanishintonight

Postby vanishintonight » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:00 pm

Was it possibly called something like "Any drink called for"?........
vanishintonight

Postby Khuldrin » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:55 pm

Michael, you are probably correct with the any drink called for as far as the drinks tasting like what was called for.
The Tea Kettle effect; the performer pours out different (colored) drinks from the kettle and then when you take the top off the kettle, the magician removes silks. The way I used to perform it is as follows:
I had six different colored silks red, blue, green, yellow, black, and purple, and six clear glasses. Each glass was wiped with a different silk, water poured into the glass and the water would change color to the silk used to wipe it. After doing this for each glass the silks were vanished only to be reproduced from the tea kettle. One more glass was introduced and more water was poured from the kettle to fill it.
On the border of our minds lies a place where dreams and reality are one, a world of magic...
Khuldrin

Return to Looking For Something?