Rope

Use this form to ask about an effect you can't find, or something in general that you're looking for. Ex: "What's the name of that card trick where the magician makes all the aces turn into jokers?"

Rope

Postby vanishintonight » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:49 pm

Hi, everyone~!.........MJM carries many types of rope- I'm getting into expanding my rope routine (Picked up Fiber Optics
& "Encyclopedia of Rope Magic by Abbott) and would appreciate any feedback on what type of rope you use and why......
Thanks, Michael :)
vanishintonight

Re: Rope

Postby Khuldrin » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:27 am

I use a regular 1/4 inch white soft rope. I usually core it before use, it makes it less stiff and the rope core I can use for a stage version of Gypsy Thread since it breaks easy and is thick enough for a larger audience. If I wanted it, red, green, blue, yellow, orange, etc. I can use a leather dye.
On the border of our minds lies a place where dreams and reality are one, a world of magic...
Khuldrin

Postby vanishintonight » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:31 am

Awesome- thanks for the tip.........Michael :)
vanishintonight

Postby Lance Perriera » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:11 pm

Nice tips...................... :ugeek: :ugeek:
Want to see a trick.
Lance Perriera

Postby Khuldrin » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:34 pm

Also, after coring the rope, tuck the ends in. This keeps the rope from fraying with no knots. If using for a C&R, dont worry about the tucking.
On the border of our minds lies a place where dreams and reality are one, a world of magic...
Khuldrin

Return to Looking For Something?