Hello!

Start a new post in here and let us know more about you!

Hello!

Postby Sourdoh » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:17 am

My name is Andrew (Andy) Moore, but everyone calls me Sourdoh. I have been doing magic since I was 10 years old. In the 70s I had a TV show in the San Francisco Bay Area Called The Old Sourdoh, Movies /Til Dawn. I have been active in theater and Films and TV for many years. I appeared on the HBO series Deadwood and several episodes of Wild West Tech on the History Channel. In the 80s I co-owned a Magic shop in San Jose, California with Steve Dawson called The Magic Touch.

I am currently living in Peoria, Arizona and active with DR Buck Productions. We do Wild West themed shows all over the country and have appeared in Germany, Italy, and Great Britain. I currently do my magic show in conjunction with our Wild West Comedy Stunt shows. We also do a ton of corporate events in the Western US. We are currently filming several Western themed movies.

I am also active in several other websites. I am Administrator of http://www.NautilusSubmarine.com, and am active on the RPF (Replica Prop Forum), a site devoted to film and TV prop making and collecting.

Visit my website: http://www.Sourdoh.com
Never Ask Permission, Only Forgiveness
http:www.Sourdoh.com
Sourdoh

Welcome!

Postby vanishintonight » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:25 pm

Welcome aboard, Andy!....ours is a little site where we chat about new effects and what-not, we'd love your company! You're "resume" sounds very impressive. Kinda' reminds me when I wanted to run off and join the circus. I'm curious, does your company play indoors or outdoors? I imagine that you have a lot of big stage illusions. I'm retired now- joined the service
then got my BA in Psychology and then went to work for the USPS- where I was a supervisor and then Postmaster of a small office (had 3 other employees)....I'm into close-up, parlor and stage magic. I guess you can say I'm a professional magician in that aside from my retirement check- magic is my only other sole source of income. What's your favorite effect? Mine is
Card to Wallet and a silk/mouth coil routine ending with the Fountain of Silks.......look forward to reading your posts!
Michael :)
vanishintonight

Re: Hello!

Postby Sourdoh » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:18 am

Thanks for the welcome! Our group works both inside and outside, depending on the needs of the show. I usuallylike to work outside as an "opener" for our comedy stunt show. My boss is a long-time Hollywood stuntman who has doubled for Clint Eastwood and Tom Selleck. I do mostly Parlor or Platform effects with an emphasis on audience participation. For our corporate gigs I do some walk-around with cards and ropes, coins, etc. My typical "set" is 15 to 20 minutes. I can't travel with a very big show, so I haven't mis-made a lady in years. :D I stick to smalls like the Sucker Die Box, Cut and Restored Ropes, Squared Circle, etc.; stuff I can carry light, but with a bit of showmanship play big! We usually end with a comedy Bullet Catch that gets a good response. I get a lot of milage out of the venerable Banana/Bandana too. My favorite one is a change bag cut and restored rope with a pop off knots ending. I do this with a female from the audience and get a good amount of laughs out of it.
Sourdoh

Postby Khuldrin » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:57 am

Welcome Sourdoh.
I too look forward to hearing more from you.

Khuldrin
On the border of our minds lies a place where dreams and reality are one, a world of magic...
Khuldrin

Postby Lance Perriera » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:35 pm

Nice to have you here. Great web page. Hope to hear more from you. I think I might have been to your magic shop before. I live in Gustine. Close to moesteo. My uncle use to live in San Jose. I got my 1st magic trick at some magic shop there. It might of been yours. I was like 11 are so. 49 now. Wow time flies. :ugeek: :ugeek:
Want to see a trick.
Lance Perriera

Hello!

Postby vanishintonight » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:53 pm

Hi, Sourdoh!...........hope you had a good Holiday........haven't heard from you since you last posted. What's new?......
Michael :)
vanishintonight

Postby Sourdoh » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:39 am

I been busy. I've been doing some industrial shows, and am planning a big show for a corporate gig at the Petsmart headquarters here in Phoenix. This is usually my off time of the year after our big Wild Western Festival we put on in October, but this year the holidays have been busy. Now I've got some time off until January 15th when I've got a fairly big corporate gig. I will check back in if anything interesting comes up!
Sourdoh

Return to New Member? Introduce Yourself Here!