View Clip"This is the ultimate course for
young people who want to make money performing." -- CW Rainwater,
beginner who made over $ 18,000 in three months doing magic.
"My first question was, "Is it worth $ 50?" Joe answered that
question for me in the first ten minutes. This is THE most
comprehensive course on balloon sculpture ever produced. It could
easily have been a four volume set. Joe teaches you everything you need
to know to do this professionally, and you'll make back the price of
the DVD in one gig!" -- Maxwell Murphy, Penguin Magic
"This DVD is the final word on one of the most rewarding arts
in the world. Joe takes you from an interested hopeful to a black belt
in balloon sculpting! From basic balloon fundamentals to advanced
knuckle busting masterpieces, you'll learn it all!" -- Noblezada
"I wish I had had this DVD earlier in my career. If you're willing
to put in the time and make the calls, the teaching in this DVD will
save you countless hours and make you thousands of dollars." -- Steve
These aren't your grandpa’s balloon poodles. We're talking about
FULL-ON works of art that make people want to hire you and pay you to
If you love performing--and you're ready to get paid for it--
take a lesson from one of the most successful balloon sculpters in the business, Joe Montella!
Grab some 260Qs and your personality, Balloon School is in session!
Who Needs Balloon School?
who love making beautiful art for people? Practically
everyone loves balloon sculptures. This is one of the only arts in the
world that takes so little time to master and gives so much! If you
like making people smile, get Balloon School!
Working Professional Magicians
looking to add extra value to
their services. Get paid (a helluva lot) more after learning just the
basic nine! Imagine doubling your current fees!
looking for better material. You won’t find a more marketable set of sculptures than the set Joe teaches in Balloon School!
looking for a way to make a living doing something fun and exciting! This isn’t just an instructional DVD set. Joe's tips on getting hired
, and maximizing your income
make it a powerful business tool that has the power to change your future.
is excellent for any performer, teacher, dentist,
preacher, salesperson, parent, grandparent, uncle, big brother, big
sister (the little ones too), magician, manager, presenter, boyfriend,
girlfriend, scientist, doctor, pediatrician, or clown... anyone who was
born to perform!
Get ready! School is in session!
The Techniques: The Basic Building Blocks of all Balloon Sculpture
- The Balloons - How to select the ones you'll use, properly blow them up, tie them efficiently, and care for them in between gigs.
- The Pump - How to select one that works for you.
- The Apron - Design a performance apron to comfortably transport all of your gear!
The Basic Nine Balloon Sculptures:
- The Bubble - The starting line. Just latex and air.
It doesn't get any simpler than this. But if you don't know how the
pros do it, even the bubble can be a challenge.
- The Match - The secret to making two bubbles the same size.
- The Lock - The key to locking two bubbles together so they'll hold position.
- The Loop - A very useful tool because you can make it pretty much any size you want.
- Pin Hole-ing the balloon - Technique to deflate the balloon mid-sculpture, this gives you tremendous control.
- The Pinch-twist (The Teddy Bear Ear) - Joe says this is the most valuable of all the fundamental techniques... In fact, Joe's GIANT Penguin is 70% pinch-twists!
- The Heart Manipulation - Who says diamond's are a girl's best friend? This technique gets a lot of use--especially on Valentine's Day.
- The Poodle Tail - This technique is fun and easy, and it makes your poodle look like he just won a dog show. Also makes antennae look great!
- Eyes, Ears, Mouth, Nose, Headlights, Spots, Etc. - How to add the finishing features to your balloon sculptures.
Advanced Balloons: These are Joe's Most Requested Advanced Sculptures
- Dog - Quick and easy to make, you'll master this popular sculpture in no time!
- Giraffe - An easy variation on the dog, highly recognizable, and great for kids.
- Sword - The easiest balloon you'll ever make.
- Flower - Pretty simple, great looking, and fun to give! Does not require water.
- Airplane - A little more difficult, but you're ready for this GREAT giveaway!
- Heart - Love is in the AIR!
- Butterfly - A beautiful, impressive, and lifelike sculpture. A very popular request!
- Teddy Bear - Slightly more difficult, but worth the effort. This is a CROWD PLEASER.
- Cat (Tiger) - Great for kids. No litter box required!
Please note: All advanced sculptures feature an in-depth, over-the-shoulder recap from the Penguin Cam.
How to construct GIANT SCULPTURES
- Palm Tree - A cool and impressive sculpture on it's own AND a great sculpture to build on. Can sit on a table!
- Monkey - EVERYBODY LOVES A MONKEY!
- Monkey on Palm - Great for men, women, kids, EVERYONE!
- Teddy Bear on Heart - If you're working on Valentines Day you'll make this sculpture hundreds of times!
- Man (Man with Sword, Baseball Player, Hockey Player, Golfer, Soccer Player, Basketball Player) - One of the most requested and versatile balloons. Great for boys!
- Mermaid - This is a favorite with the ladies! It's a highly detailed balloon and it comes with Joe's highest recommendation.
- Baseball Cap - Adults and teens LOVE hats. This will be one of your most requested sculptures!
- Jester's Hat - This crazy cap gets HUGE laughs. Especially popular at birthday parties!
- Advanced Butterfly - Women LOVE this one.
- Ladybug (Turtle) - Women LOVE this one EVEN MORE!
- Motorcycle (Woman on Motorcycle, Man on Motorcycle, Monkey on Motorcycle) - Here's another fantastic balloon for the guys. It's a MUST-HAVE for you as a working professional.
- Penguin - Our favorite!
- Diamond Ring - One of Joe's most frequently requested balloons. Couples ask for this one all the time!
- Chicken - This is one people will challenge you with all the time. Joe's chicken looks AWESOME, and yours will too.
- Rose - This one makes a GREAT opener!
- GIANT Five Balloon Tiger - This one blows people away!
Joe regularly gets hired to create life-size promotional
sculptures. Where do you start when you want to make a life-size 57
Chevy out of balloons? How about a LARGER-THAN-LIFE Penguin? Joe breaks
it down step-by-step and helps you get started creating these unique
and EXTREMELY MARKETABLE
works of art.
Steps to Success: The Business side of Balloon Entertainment
- How to Make Money as a Balloon Artist - If you're
ready to GO PRO, you'll love Joe's advice on restaurant work, the
difference between working in corporate owned restaurants V. "mom and
pop" shops, birthday parties, what to charge, and a few words on
- Once You're Making Money, How to Maximize your Income!
Creating a buzz, generating positive word-of-mouth, networking,
building rapport with your clients, customer service and sales tips,
LIVE FOOTAGE of Joe making cold calls, and Joe's book recommendations.
- Dealing with Rejection - Joe gels to it naturally, but here's a pep talk and some tips that make sure you don't let rejection get you down.
- Dealing with Hecklers - It's gonna happen. Here are
Joe's guidelines on how to handle the situation. No one-liners here
because every situation is different.
- Inserting Objects into your sculptures (Ladybug) - Imagine giving a prospect your phone number this way!
- Performance Montage - See Joe live in action as he
becomes "The Balloon Guy" and works the Las Vegas Strip. See how he
interacts with the kids, the parents, and everyone in between!
This product was added to our catalog on Thursday 11 May, 2006.