Knockout Coin Magic
Artist(s): Michael Rubinstein
Produced by: L&L Publishing
Running Time(s): 4 Hours 13 Mins
Behind-the-Scenes Photo Gallery Not Included In Video Release
These just might be the best coin tapes ever made! This material has been sought after by magicians for years and now all three volumes are available on one 4 Hour DVD!
- Bologna Debut, a gradual production of coins with a surprising ending.
- Purse Spellbound concerns a half dollar in a purse viewed by the spectator. With the purse in his hands, the spectator suddenly discovers the half dollar has changed to a Chinese coin.
- Twilight Zone is a routine with a Midas touch. Four copper coins turn to gold, one at a time, then magically, return to copper. This trick introduces the Duo-Mat idea to good advantage. A useful device that eliminates pocketing.
- The Black Hole. A black disc, slightly larger than a half dollar, is displayed. With the "hole" flat on the table, four coins are apparently tossed in this black space. The black "hole" is picked up and magically changes to a small black box which, when opened, reveals the missing coins. A most effective and amusing routine.
- Shuttle Flight. Four half dollars are vanished, one at a time and make a reappearance beneath a playing card. Neat coin handling with easy-to-follow moves, thanks to the close-up camera work and good lighting.
- Okito Klinker is an Okito Box routine with a surprising touch that makes this a real winner for any close-up worker. The empty coin box is covered with its lid. A half dollar is tossed toward the covered box and heard to arrive. Two more coins are tossed magically into the box and the spectator hears each coin as it arrives in the box. He removes the lid and believes what he heard, as the three coins are found within. This is a pretty effect and a clever bit of deception.
Partial listing of sleights taught on Volume 1 - Gallo Pitch, Shuttle Pass, Fake Purse Takeout, R.O.P.S. Move, Edge Grip, Spider Vanish, Ramsey Subtlety, Impromptu Touch Change, Variation of the Bobo Switch, Spellbound Change Over Palm, Spellbound Move, Rubinstein Spellbound Change, Variation Retention Pass, Sol Stone Slap Change, Rosenthal Coin Steal, Matting a Coin, Pick Up Load, Lid Load, Roth's Imp PassVolume Two
- Voodoo Revelation is a happy combination of card and coin magic, with a number of magical surprises. A chosen card is shuffled in the deck and the cards placed aside. Five copper coins are arranged in a row. One is chosen and a white gummed sticker affixed and the spectator places his name or initials on this coin for identification. The coin is now placed, sticker side down, beneath a metal chalice (or cup). Now, the magic starts. The four remaining coins are picked up and turned over, one at a time. Each coin also has a white sticker and each bears the spectator's name or initials. The coins are dropped in the chalice. One at a time, the coins are removed and turned over, the stickers have vanished but a word appears on each coin. The layout of the four coins (plus the original selection from beneath the chalice, from which the sticker has vanished) form a sentence which names the chosen card. Upon looking through the deck, the chosen card is seen to have the missing sticker attached to its face.
- Arithmatic Coins is an amusing two coin routine with an old and 'new math' theme.
- Kaps Matting Copper/Silver is a neat presentation of Fred Kaps' routine where four half dollars end up as four Chinese coins.
- The Dream - A routine with a purse and four coins plus a story of a dream of entering a competition for the world's greatest magician.
- Tax - The performer relates a visit to a store and a purchase in which he has but a half dollar. Price of the article is one dollar so, magically, another half dollar appears. When emphasis is placed on the one dollar price, the two halves change to a silver dollar. When the storekeeper indicates that additional tax is required, the performer clasps both hands and produces a handful of thumb tacks!
- Magic Coins is a neat, ungimmicked coin routine that will puzzle knowing wizards who suspect magnetic coins.
- Giant Sucker Coin Vanish is an amusing routine with a jumbo coin. There is sucker by-play with 'under-the-arm' hideaway a la egg bag buffoonery of yesteryear. The tape concludes with a description of the Fingerless Retention Pass.
Partial listing of sleights taught on Volume 2 - Ramsey Coin Switch, Rubinstein Coin Turnover, Fingertip Retention Shuttle Pass, One Hand Coin Switch, Sticker Switch, Secret Coin Addition, Revolving Coin Load, R.O.P.S. Click Pass, Double Click Pass, Fantastic Chip Turnover, Matting the Coins, Coin Purse Load, Variation Retention Pass, Fake Purse Takeout, R.O.P.S. Move, Edge Grip, Spier Grip Vanish, R.O.P.S. Double Click Pass, Spellbound Move, Goshman Steal (Blow Change).Volume Three
- The Heckler offers the performer an opportunity to demonstrate what he can do to fool the 'wise guy' or 'heckler' who is determined to explain just 'how it is done.' There are vanishes, appearances and changes during which a bent coin and one with a hole play an important part.
- Silverlint II is a copper/silver sequence that starts after a piece of silver lint is plucked from your clothing. A giant half dollar is involved with this brief bit of coin chicanery.
- Two Card Reverse Matrix is an unusual matrix effect using two cards from which the centers have been cut, thus making them into window cards. Even though the spectator can see through the cards, the customary matrix routine is presented, with coins vanishing and accumulating. The surprise finish is when suddenly, the four coins are discovered back in their original four corners of the close-up mat.
- Giant Four coins Through the Table. Four jumbo coins penetrate the table top one at a time. Beautifully routined - looks impossible!
- Karate Coin - A thumb penetration of a half dollar.
- Bonus Section - Live performances (no explanations) of: Crazy Coins Across, Case Solved, Dragnet, Quatra Coin Reverse Matrix, Sucker Stand-Up Copper/Silver, Bologna Debut.
Partial listing of sleights taught on Volume 3 - Fantastic Coin Turnover, Variation Retention Pass, Pinky Turnover Move, Purse Switch, Fingertip Coin Load, R.O.P.S. Move, Al Schneider's False Transfer, Thumb Palm Switch, Roth's Imp Pass, Shuttle Pass, Sol Stone's Slap Change, Wave Change, Ken Krenzel's Spellbound Change, Paul Harris' Coin Steal with Card, Giant Coin Lap Vanish.
This product was added to our catalog on Friday 01 October, 2004.