Professional magician John Kaplan reveals "real world" marketing techniques, tales and insights from a 30+year career in magic.
has successfully sold his magic services in virtually every market
imaginable, including birthday parties, schools, theatres, nightclubs,
banquets, tradeshows, television, cruise ships, fairs, festivals,
shopping malls, amusement parks, conventions, corporate events,
promotions and fundraisers.
In the pages of this unprecedented
book, John shares the fascinating stories of some of his most memorable
sales successes and exactly how they were accomplished ...
Examples of many other "impossible" sales are also highlighted ...
- how the opening act spot was landed for gigs with Jay Leno AND a world famous rock and roll band
- the proposal letter that sold a half-hour live magic show for over $20,000
- how a high profile, extremely lucrative magic promotion was conceived and sold in a market that previously "didn't exist"
- the "back door" strategy used to sell major corporate gigs - bookings worth tens of thousands of dollars
- the special show sold to an internationally renowned cosmetics company
plan created to successfully get front page publicity in one of the
leading newspapers in a major market - PLUS the amazingly simple system
that continues to build a fat portfolio of press clippings year after
... the $8,000 birthday party show
... the Opening Ceremonies show for a nationally televised sporting event
... the half-time show created and performed for a major league sports organization
... the special show created and sold to a very well known fast food franchise
... the methods used to sell numerous shopping mall shows and promotions
far the most valuable component of this volume is the expose and
thoroughly detailed analysis of the actual sales materials John uses to
sell-out his show schedule year after year.
Impossible is an inspired work that is truly inspirational, motivational
and educational. For anyone interested in knowing what it takes to have
a successful career in magic, this is MUST reading.
Pages: 138 - 8.5" x 11" - Softcover - Perfect Bound
book is a must have for any serious magician who is looking to take
their marketing to the highest level. It is a complete road map to
- John Carlson, Magicshow.com - Brick, NJ
job on "Selling The Impossible" very well done indeed! (I finally got
to read it last night). It's not just a bunch of marketing ideas and
concepts, but REAL WORLD examples of how they all work to get you gigs
and build a career as a professional magician - all at your fingertips!
The examples of the marketing materials are a great resource for anyone
needing to know the "Biz" side of "showbiz!"
- Tony Kingston, TonytheTrick.com - Calgary, AB
the Impossible was an easy read with a lot of good and insightful
information. I will be using some of the information I have gotten from
your book to sell some shows."
- Greg Clements, Great Falls, VA
- useful - inspirational! This is the 'new' Conjuring for Cash for the
21st Century - the late great Donn Davison would have loved the plans in
this book for magicians who want to make 'real money'!"
- Pat Slusher, Centralia, WA
There are currently no any question about this product.
Ask a Question
- SKILL LEVEL: No Skill Required
- Manufactured by: Abracadabra Show Productions, In
FREE USA SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $49.95! $47.00 Sale: $44.65
Ready To Ship: As soon as tomorrow!
(if ordered within the next 10 hours 42 minutes)
Quantity Limited - 5 left!
This product was added to our catalog on Friday 01 April, 2011.