This moment has been in the works for over thirty-five years!
Several months ago, I decided it was time to finish off what has easily been the biggest, most involved and most complex project I have ever attempted. This new project is a monster. While there have been other books written on the subject at hand, there has NEVER been anything that comes even remotely close to the size and scope of this new offering. Not by a mile.
As the creator of the legendary Sight Unseen Case, The worldwide standard for devices of its kind - a gaffed business card case that allows for miracles to be performed - I have what could easily be described as a 'vested interest' in business cards.
When I introduced the SUC back in 1995, I knew I had something very special on my hands. Not only did I have a tool that allowed for the performance of miracles, but I also had a very classy and extremely well made and fully functional case to carry my business cards in. I knew what the SUC could do, but I didn't want to limit my magic and mentalism business card skills to the SUC. I wanted to know everything there was to know about those cards inside that case!
Which is why I come to you today.
This new book is NOT about the SUC. This new tome is about what goes INSIDE the SUC - business cards.
It is with immense pleasure that I introduce to you... The Business Card Compendium by Mark Strivings
Without question, this is the single most extensive and comprehensive work on the use of business cards for magicians and mentalists ever published!
Here's what some early previewers had to say:"This book is a must-have! I thought I knew a lot about BC magic, but even I learned some new stuff in just the first few pages. It's filled with valuable information. Get it now!"
- Dan Harlan"As someone who has built his livelihood through the art of business card mentalism, I want to emphasize the absolute necessity of acquiring this remarkable book. Your journey will be enriched by the wisdom it holds."
- Paul Brook"The book really is awesome.
Doing something mind blowing that leaves your audience with your business card in a classy way, is an invaluable tool for the working performer.
Mark has put together an amazing collection of Magic and Mentalism with business cards. The contributions are top notch and they come from top names like Phil Goldstein, Al Mann, Alex Elmsley, Barrie Richardson and the list goes on.
I found two things that I will be immediately adding to my repertoire. You can't miss with this. Highly recommended."
- Nathan Kranzo"Wow! Thank you very much, Mark. You must have put in an unbelievable amount of time and effort to research and write such a huge book. [I invited Richard to enjoy the book.] I am. I'll be doing no more writing today!"
- Richard Webster"Well, I'm gobsmacked! I've just spent half an hour barely touching the surface of the BCC, and I cannot tell you how pleased I am that I no longer have to dig through Ernie Heldman's "Cards That Mean Business" when I'm looking for a "new" business card idea. Not that there's anything wrong with Ernie's book... But why dig through a "pamphlet" when you can dig through an encyclopedia to find something that will work for your specific need? Mark, you've done an incredible job compiling this and I'm thrilled to have it in my working library. Every working magician should be so lucky!
Thank you! Thanks again... you've created something truly remarkable!"
- Tom Ladshaw
Contained within the pages of this massive tome you will find such diverse topics as:
- Business Card Markings
- Double Blank Business Cards
- Just Cards (and Nothing Else)
- Just Cards plus a Pencil
- Obtaining Written Information
- Mixing Double Blanks with Regular Cards
- Business Card Magic (THIRTY ONE items in this section alone!)
- Out To Lunch
- Stacks of Cards
- Secret Writing
- Borrowed Business Cards
- Business Card Backs
- Business Card Gaffs
- Paddle Moves
- Magical Printing
- Business Cards combined with other Common Objects
- Special Business Cards
- Unique Business Cards
- Forcing with Business Cards
- Tearing Cards
- Spooky Stuff
- Ashes to Ashes (Astral Ashes)
PLUS a gargantuan bibliography containing 1200 business cards references! And more!
But wait, there's more!
I have also been blessed with amazing special guest contributors:
- Phil Goldstein
- Dan Harlan
- Tom Ladshaw
- Anthony Lindan
- Harry Lorayne
- Jim Magus
- Tom Ogden
- Lee Freed
- Ian Adair
... and more!
There's even stuff from some guy named Strivings, including one of my all-time favorite routines. Plus there are literally dozens of insights, updates, alternative handlings and much more from your author all over the book.
Also included is a ton of information about getting your cards produced, the most efficient means of 'road testing' your new cards so that you can maximize the effectiveness of what you are trying to achieve, what cards to actually use, resources and so much more!
You get this amazing book - 450 pages, 250 individual pieces, 25 chapters, 1200 references in the bibliography - beautifully printed, perfect bound in soft covers. The book lies flat for easy reading and it's a thing of beauty.
It has been said that if you find just ONE item in a book that you can actually use, then you have gotten your money's worth. I have to say, I fail to see how ANYONE can spend any amount of time with book and NOT find something - or several somethings - that they can use. This book is not cheap, nor should it be. But taken all together, it is a screaming deal.